- Loans are available to anyone who is a current resident of Kingston & surrounding area, in a 50 km radius from the M.I.L.L. (please call ahead if you are unsure if your area qualifies.)
- You will need the following three items in order to register:
- a Photo ID showing date of birth
- and a Recent Document showing current residential address, such as a utility bill (you can even mail yourself a postcard).
- a registration recovery fee of $10 which helps offset increasing operating costs. The library can currently only accept cash. There are, as always, no charges or fees to borrow an instrument.
- A parent or guardian must sign the loan agreement for a borrower under 16 years of age.
- Instruments loans are issued on a 4-week basis (Drum kits up to 3 months and some larger keyboards up to 6 months) & must be returned to the Library for examination & loan renewal at the end of this period (A reminder chit showing return due date will be issued at time of borrowing)
- Extensions may be arranged upon return by due date, if not reserved for another borrower (instrument must be returned to the library on the due date in order to request an extension).
- Any overdue or late- returned items may be reclaimed by the Library if required for use by other
- A $1.00 per day fine will be applied to late returns. [max $30]. Cash only please. Borrowers will not be able to take out a new loan until all fees are cleared up. If you know in advance that you will be late or will have transportation issues with your instrument, contact us immediately so we can make arrangements.
- Certain ‘special’ instruments are only available for loan to more experienced musicians who are borrowers in good standing, i.e. those who have previously borrowed from the general M.I.L.L. inventory, returned on time, in good condition.
- Any instrument currently out on loan may be reserved for loan upon its return to the library. A reserved instrument will be held for three working days from notification of availability.
- If an instrument is damaged or stolen while on loan, please contact the librarian immediately so we can assess the situation. The majority of issues can usually be easily remedied at the library and seldom result in a cost to the borrower unless the damage was intentiona lor due to negligence by the borrower.
- Due to an increase in registrations and in order to keep our client base current , it has become necessary to update contact information etc for our long-time borrowers. In this regard, Joe’s M.I.L.L. has implemented the following policy change:Commencing January 1st of each year, cardholders with registration cards over 2 years old will be required to re-register. This means as of January 1st, 2014 all borrower registration cards in the 11XXXnumber series will cease to be valid. In order to continue to borrow our instruments, clients holding these card numbers will be required to re-register.Please have the following ready at the time of re-registration:
- Photo ID showing date of birth
- Recent document confirming current residential address within the Library borrowing area