Coordinator: Roger Eccleston
Telephone: (613) 549-JOES (5637)
Or Contact us… for directions and more information.
The instruments that are available for loan changes daily, but we can take reservations on anything not currently in stock.
Guitars: classical, acoustic, electric, bass (some leftys available!)
Other stringed instruments: violin (1/8 to 4/4 sizes), viola, cello, upright bass, banjo (4 & 5-string), mandolin, ukulele, autoharp, etc.
Drums/percussion: full drum kits, djembe, conga, bongo, tabla, etc.
Horns: trumpet, trombone, saxophone, flute, clarinet, french horn, tuba, recorder, tin whistle, didgeridoo, etc.
Pianos: electric piano, keyboard, accordion, etc.
This is not a complete list! We also have books, sheet music, DVDs, and many other accessory items available (straps, cases, effects pedals, microphones, etc.).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Loans are available to anyone who is a current resident of Kingston & the surrounding area (Photo ID & proof of residential address are required). Please call ahead if you are unsure if your town or area qualifies.
- A parent or guardian must sign the loan agreement for a borrower under 16 years of age.
- Most instruments are loaned for a four-week period. (Drum kits may be borrowed for up to three months; some larger keyboards may be borrowed for up to six months). Extensions may be arranged upon return by due date, if not reserved for another borrower (instrument must be returned to the library on the due date in order to request an extension).
- A $1.00 per day fine will be applied to late returns. [max $30]. Cash only please. Borrowers will not be able to take out a new loan until past fees are cleared up. If you know in advance that you will be late or will have transportation issues with your instrument, contact us immediately so we can make arrangements.
- Certain ‘special’ instruments are only available for loan to more experienced musicians who are borrowers in good standing, i.e. those who have previously borrowed from the general M.I.L.L. inventory, returned on time, in good condition.
- Any instrument currently out on loan may be reserved for loan upon its return to the library. A reserved instrument will be held for one week from notification of availability.
- If an instrument is damaged or stolen while on loan, please contact the librarian immediately so we can assess the situation. The majority of issues can be easily repaired at the library and will rarely result in a cost to the borrower unless the damage was intentional. This includes broken strings, stuck valves, dented cymbals, etc.