The Joe Chithalen Memorial Musical Instrument Lending Library is happy to receive donations. Monetary donations are most welcome, however we will accept donations of any musical instruments, accessories, instrument repair tools, or even office supplies – in fact, most of our library inventory has been donated to us by many individuals and donations over the years. Joe’s MILL is a registered charity (#84662-6877-RR001) and a tax receipt will be issued for donations (or the value of the instrument) over $10. You can send us a donation via the PayPal button below, or you can mail us a cheque, or drop in to see us!
A few items in particular that we are perpetually in need of:
- Accessories (strings, gig bags/cases, patch cords, valve oil, slide oil, drum sticks)
- Guitars and basses (with amplifiers if possible)
- Unique, exotic, foreign instruments
Unfortunately, due to space restrictions, we are unable to accept large items like pianos and organs. Thanks for your understanding.
Joe’s MILL is always looking for dedicated volunteers to assist us! Volunteers are needed to:
- help with special events (postering, ticket sales, working the door, serving refreshments, etc.)
- assisting in the library (maintenance and repairs to instruments, cleaning, computer assistance, etc.)
- grant writing
- board members
- anyone with excellent ideas for fundraising or a passion for music!
We also have many amazing people who run fundraising concerts and other events throughout the year. If you would like to help raise money and/or instrument donations for Joe’s MILL, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form and we will contact you as soon as possible.